Disclaimer

Many times when I cook, I do not have an exact recipe. I just eyeball it. I will try to have guesstimations for those times but you may want to adjust and make them your own!
Also these are by no means 'my' recipes. They are from my mom, hubby, friends, family, cook books, etc. I have adjusted them to my families likes but where applicable and possible I will list credits for where it originally came from.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Bread (From Loy)

1/2 Cup Warm Water
2 TbspYeast
Place Water and Yeast in at least a 2 cup bowl/measure cup. Sprinkle sugar on top. Set aside to rise.

1/2 Cup Oil
5 Cups Hottest Water - Measure carefully
1/2 Cup Sugar or Honey
2 Tsp Salt
4-5 Cups Flour (put whole wheat in first if you use it. Suggest 1/2 and 1/2)
Mix, Scrape Sides, Thin Batter
Add Yeast, Mix up good
Dish towel over 5-7 minutes peek, Rise 2/3 up
Beat Down or knead put dough hooks in
add more flour 1/2 cup at a time (soft dough, not too sticky. Want soft and stretchy)
Dump out on an oiled counter   ??? oil a little
20 kneads, oil top lightly. Cover with Saran Wrap.  Sit 20 minutes
Divide into 5.

Bread 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 (not 9 by 5)
Grease with Crisco Shortening
Keep covered with dishtowel or saran
Put warm place. Top of stove. No draft. Turn heat up.
400 degrees for 30 minutes (every oven different)
Air needs to circulate all over pans
Cool on racks. Put in heavy freezer bags. Get all air out to freeze.

Herb Onion
2 Tbsp Onions, sit in water
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning




****work in progress. Need clarification from Debbie Peters


No comments:

Post a Comment